I was actually stuck on what to blog for quite a while. I feel like I’m running out of things to talk about? Maybe I’m just stressing myself out for no reason.
It was quite a shock to realise I’ve never really done a ‘blogs you should follow’ post. There are so many bloggers I look up to and admire that honestly, I should have written something like this ages ago. And since it is The Year Of The Asian after all – check out #YARC2019 posts on Twitter, you guys – it seemed appropriate to do an Asian book bloggers post*!
*Of course, this is no where near an exhaustive list, and these are just some of the few people I adore.
- I had the absolute privilege and pleasure to meet Shealea @ Shut Up, Shealea on Monday this week. She was in Malaysia for a presentation, and my timings matched hers for a bit to grab a coffee with her, and she is EXACTLY how I imagined she would be? Funny and sweet and super eloquent. If you’re already following her blog, you’ll know she’s a huge advocate for championing diversity, and she is one of the bloggers who came up with #YARC2019! She also runs blog tours – check out Caffeine Book Tours! – and she’s just plain all around great.
- Another blogger I had the honour of meeting was Kate @ Your Tita Kate! You know the bubble of anxiety you sometimes get when you meet someone new that you want to make a good impression on? Yeah, Kate has this way of making that disappear in just a couple of minutes. Much like Shealea, she is just how I had thought she would be – super eloquent, super passionate, super easy to talk to. Getting the chance to hang out with a blogger I admire was just a treat.
- Sometimes I wonder why it took me so long to find and follow Fadwa @ Word Wonders, but then I remind myself it doesn’t matter, because now I follow for, and there is no turning back! She is super eloquent and doesn’t shy away from writing posts that are bluntly and refreshingly honest. It has been a joy getting to interact with her and talk to her, and I am so glad she exists, truly.
- Vicky @ Vicky Who Reads is another gem of a blogger. It truly boggles my mind that she’s a teenager sometimes? (I feel old.) But she is talented and wonderful, and unafraid of putting herself out there in the world. I would never have had the courage to be like her as a teenager, and I admire the heck out of her for her words and her actions in championing for diversity and representation.
- I only found Nandini @ Unputdownable Books‘ blog this year and I??? Do not understand why I didn’t know her first? Not only does she run a blog that has already given me WAY TOO MANY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THINGS, she also has a bookstagram account that is GORGEOUS and I cry because I’m equal parts jealous and in awe of her.
I’m actually in awe of them all, if I’m honest? I am still finding my footing in the blogging sphere, but these bloggers are forging a path that I am not ashamed to say I want to follow.
Special mention blogs who I also adore are Pragati @ The Inked In Book Blog and Tiffany @ Read by Tiffany, and the only reason they are not on the list is because I wanted the title to say five blogs. Um. I love you guys and you’re amazing.
Do you follow these bloggers? (You should!) Spread some blogger love in the comments and let me know whose blog posts you most look forward to!