I almost forgot that June is coming to an end, that the second quarter of the year was coming to an end. Oops? Compared to the first quarter of the year, this one seems a little less intense.
A lot less seems to have happened, in the last three months.
I mentioned in my last wrap-up that we were going to India for our Sikh New Year, and we did! I’ve only been to India in April once, and that was only for a couple of days when my sister had her engagement party there, so this was very different. The heat was intense, and we were a little worried about mosquitos and illnesses related to that, but we all really enjoyed the prayers, and the visit to the Golden Temple.
Since then, my daughter has started pre-school. And starting pre-school opens her up to more germs and illnesses, so she’s been sneezing and coughing but her immunity is building up, and as much as she fusses when I drop her off at school, she always seems to have enjoyed her day when I pick her up.
Because of her pre-school, I have a little bit of free time in the mornings, so I schedule my blog writing, book photo taking for that time! I’ve felt a lot more productive, and I’ve also started going in to a clay class at the mall nearby once a week, which has been therapeutic and fun and creative. I’m also hoping to (finally!) start doing yoga in the mornings as well. Hopefully.
In bullet-points, because mostly continuing on with things from the last quarter:
- The family business is slowly doing new things, so we’re figuring out the social media parts of that. I’m in charge of the creative aspects of it for the most part, and I’m figuring out my footing on that.
- I’ve been more consistent with my shop’s Instagram, and while sales are stagnant right now, I’m very hopeful that new designs next quarter will bring in a few sales, at the very least.
- I’m also working on a couple of custom designs for a few people, so that’s exciting.
- Some time in May, I was inspired by Fadwa @ Word Wonders and Kate @ Your Tita Kate venturing onto BookTube to create my own BookTube channel! So that’s a thing.
I definitely feel like I read this quarter than the last one, but apparently not?
- Goodreads Challenge: 14/5 books read.
I read 5 books in the first quarter, so that means I read 9 books in this last one? Go me?
- #YARC2019: 6/10 books read.
I think this last book I just finished is by an Asian author, but I have to check. So it’s either 5 or 6 books to this challenge.
- Currently Reading: Wilder Girls by Rory Power
I’m trying to complete this before mid-July, but I also have some prayers to finish up so.
- Next On My List: With The Fire On High by Elizabeth Acevedo
This was the book in the first MarginsBox (which I did a video unboxing of on Instagram instead of doing a blog post) and I am so excited to read it!
Since the last wrap up post of the year, I’ve posted 36 posts! A few posts I’m very proud of are:
- ;five asian bloggers you should follow
- ;the a to z of journals
- ;three reasons Love From A To Z is on my TBR
- SPOTLIGHT; marginsbox ft. interview with the founders
- ;five asian authors i love
- ;ten things I want more of in books
- ;five asian authors i want to love
I have started a new feature of sorts that highlights Asian books and authors and other creators that I am very excited about!
It is the middle of the year, and we are going into the second half of 2019. How has 2019 been treating you so far? What was your favourite read of the last three months? What are you looking forward to in the next half of the year?