Until recently, I did not listen to audiobooks. My mind wanders even when I’m listening to music, or watching videos online – there would be no way I could focus on audiobooks. Right?
Except when I was in Singapore a few weeks ago, I found out the library has an online platform that is accessible on Overdrive, and I thought to myself, maybe it’s time to try an audiobook and see if how it goes?
Reader, it went well. It went REALLY WELL.
So I made a tweet for recommendations for Asian audiobooks. Some of them are not available here locally, and I wanted to see which ones people would recommend. These are just a few of the recommendations*!
*All of them are on my TBR, and all of them have me excited.
- Kate @ Your Tita Kate yells about The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco so much, and every time I admit I haven’t read it yet, she yells at me more. But it’s not my fault because I haven’t been able to find a copy in the bookstores here! Still, I feel like she’ll be glad to know that it’s availble on Overdrive for me, and this was also recommended by Nandini @ Unputdownable Books, so once I am done with my current audiobook listen, I’m listening to this one.
- I haven’t been able to find a copy of Jade City by Fonda Lee locally either, but Skye @ Books In The Skye says the audiobook is good, so I am excited! I have not checked if it is available on Overdrive, and I am crossing my fingers that it is.
- Another book I’ve been wanting to read for ages has been The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang, but ordering online is not an option for me right now, and, again, local bookstores don’t seem to have it. When Skye @ Books In The Skye recommended the audiobook, I got very happy!
- I’ve read the first in the series, but I haven’t had a chance to read Kingdom Of The Blazing Phoenix by Julie C. Dao, and Skye @ Books In The Skye said that it was good as an audiobook, so. Hopefully I can listen to it soon!
- Nandini @ Unputdownable Books also recommended Shadow Of The Fox by Julie Kagawa. I have heard nothing but good things about this book, but it’s not yet available here, so I’m hoping I can borrow the audiobook on Overdrive soon!
There were a few other recommendations, but these five I am most excited to listen to! I did not expect to love audiobooks as much as I do, but I go in for an art class once a week, and sitting there while I’m working on my project and getting to listen to a book while I do?
Amazing, wonderful, spectacular, fantastic.
What are some of your favourite audiobooks?