These last three months have been A Lot in many ways. I won’t be going in depth, I think, because the last three months seem like they lasted forever.
I feel like nothing much happened in July? The clay classes I was going for were great – I’ve finished a number of projects, and am on project number 4. I’m very proud of how things are going, but being creative on this front means I haven’t been as productive on the writing front.
August had a very good thing and a very bad thing happen. My cousin had her baby! An adorable little baby boy who is growing so fast. And then a couple of weeks later, there was an unexpected death in the family. We’re all honestly still reeling from that.
My daughter and I have both been sick more often these last three months. The haze started sometime in August, and it wasn’t so bad at first! And then it got worse.
Bright side, we were out of town for part of the worst of the haze in September for my brother-in-law’s birthday. Now we’re waiting for my sister and my sister-in-law to have their babies!
Short bullet point updates!
- Bookmark sales have been pretty stagnant, but I’m looking at doing sales in October so hopefully they pick up.
- I (finally!) sat down to write out a resume because I think I may start freelance writing.
- My BookTube has been going pretty well – the numbers are definitely going up more than my blog’s. I’m enjoying it on both fronts, so that’s there too.
I started listening to audiobooks this quarter. I’m only on my second, but it’s something I never thought I would get into. I am glad to say I was wrong!
- Goodreads Challenge: 21/5 books read.
I just finished one book today, so this has been a decent quarter for reading?
- #YARC2019: 8/10 books read.
Two of the books I am currently trying to finish are written by Asian authors, and some of the ones I am looking to read in the next quarter are also written by Asian authors. I think I will actually complete the challenge?
- Currently Reading: Mary B by Katherine J. Chen
I am also listening to The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco.
- Next On My List: The Never Tilting World by Rin Chupeco
I am super excited that I am part of the blog tour for this book!
While I’ve not been as consistent with my RACEBENT ROMCOMS and TWISTED TALES features – and am thinking of stopping them altogether – I have been pretty consistent with blogging! Some of the posts I’m most proud of from the last three months are:
- ;singaporean novels i had never heard about
- ;five asian audiobooks to listen to
- ;four reasons to read the oremere chronicles ft. character aesthetics
- ;five asian 2020 debuts to look forward to
I’m hoping that the last quarter of the year is more productive on the writing front, and on my shop front. How was this last quarter for you? What was your favourite read in the last three months?