Am I two months late for a wrap up and fallen behind on everything blog and booktube? Yup!
The last three months of 2019 were good on a lot of fronts, but in November, my external harddrive crashed, and I panicked about losing EVERYTHING on it. Because of that, I stepped back from blogging and my booktube, and even though we managed to get all my data back, it has taken me until now to get back on here!
I have been writing, however, and I have made the step to look for freelance writing jobs. I also celebrated my birthday in October! That was great, and after that, I broke my book buying ban. I’ll be eventually filming a haul video because some of the books only reached in 2020 thanks to the Malaysian post system.
October also saw two new babies in the family – my sister and my sister in law both had baby boys a few days apart. My daughter is thrilled to have more baby brothers!
Here’s hoping 2020 is awesome!
Short bullet point list of things I am happy about!
- Couple of custom orders on the bookmark front that had to be paused because of the harddrive crash, but I was very excited about that.
- BookTube, when I was posting, was going well!
- I have talked to a few people about freelancing, and I might be working for them part time!
- I started a new WIP and I love it a lot, I’m hoping to finish draft one in 2020!
I was very happy with my reading for 2019!
- Goodreads Challenge: 25/5 books read.
I loved almost all of my reads, and only DNF-ed one!
- #YARC2019: 11/10 books read.
Some of the book reviews are not up yet, but I hit my (very low) target!
- Currently Reading: Realm Of Ash by Tasha Suri
This is a February 2020 update, and it is my first book of the year.
- Next On My List: There’s Something About Sweetie by Sandhya Menon
My copy finally reached, and this is something I am sure I can finish quickly!
There were no new posts in December and most of November, but I did like some of the stuff I posted, so check them out!
- ;the hero’s journey vs. the heroine’s journey
- ;five asian bookstagrammers you should follow (part 2)
- ;something wicked this way come
- ;five asian booktubers you should subscribe to
The first quarter of 2020 is already looking a little less productive on the blogging and reading front, but I hope to be back blogging properly soon!
How was your 2019 and how is your 2020 looking so far?