A little bit late, but well, I haven’t been blogging much at all, have I?
I think I’m in another reading slump? I don’t know, on the one hand, these past three months have been good! I’ve been writing some, I’ve been reconnecting with old fandoms – but every time I try and interact again with the online book community, I find myself retreating to a few bloggers I can trust because there is so much Drama and so little nuance in the way the big names talk about things. I feel like that is why I haven’t been blogging or booktubing at all since the year has started.
There is a pressure to be on the ball! To advocate and be vocal, and to be representative, instead of, you know, talking about the books I love and why I love them. The pressure is mostly on minority bloggers, and of course that is why burnout and anxiety happens.
And then this pandemic has happened, and we are on lockdown here in Malaysia. That stress is not helping things.
Here’s hoping everybody’s rest of the year picks up positively!
Short bullet point list!
- Bookstagram has consistently been going pretty well, and I love my new theme and interacting with people on there.
- I have reps for my shop! Because of the pandemic, I haven’t mailed out rep packages yet, but as soon as I figure out which post offices are open, I’ll be doing that.
- I hosted a small giveaway! That went well too, but again, have to figure out which post offices are open so I can mail the prizes out.
I have not been reading so much, but I am hoping that changes in the new quarter.
- Goodreads Challenge: 5/10 books read.
Four out of these 5 were books I read with my daughter. Still counted!
- Currently Reading: Loveboat, Taipei by Abigail Hing Wen.
I am pausing this book because I don’t think I’m in the mood for contemporary.
- Next On My List: Aru Shah And The End Of Time by Roshani Chokshi.
I got e-copies of the three Aru Shah books for a blog tour! And I am excited to start them!
I have not posted much this year – I think only one blog post? So instead, do check out these blogs instead!
Unfortunately, I have fallen behind on reading blog posts too, so leave some links down below for some of your recent favourites!
Hope you are all staying hydrated and taking care! Don’t forget to practice social distancing, and take care of yourselves!