Another very late wrap-up, but well. This year has been really long, hasn’t it?
I was so hopeful in the first quarter that things could not get worse. I was wrong. I guess hindsight really is 20/20, eh? Eh?
But seriously though, while the lockdown here in Malaysia is not as strict as the first few months, we’re still taking care. I am immuno-compromised so i’m trying not to take too many risks, but I do have doctor’s appointments pretty much every month that I have to go for, and so we’ve been eating out those few days. My reading has been all over the place – May and June were pretty decent reading months, but by mid-June, I’d once again put books aside in favour of fanfiction.
My go-to comfort is fanfiction, I’ve noticed. Unfortunately, I haven’t been writing much, and even my bookstagram has dwindled down to maybe one post a month? If I’m lucky?
I feel like real life has been such a downer and I’m worrying more about that, and now the things that usually give me joy – blogging, reading, even filming BookTube videos – are stressing me out more than anything.
Though I have missed filming videos, so I may do one or two in this next quarter. Hopefully.
Because of this pandemic, I’ve suspended my Etsy store and am not taking orders. Despite this:
- I’ve been working on a couple of new designs I’m excited about!
- One of the rep packages reached my rep (I’m extending their rep period because, uh, pandemic) and she loved her bookmarks, and her photos have been so nice!
I hit my main target for the year by June, and while reading has once again slowed down, I am enjoying the books I’ve been picking up!
- Goodreads Challenge: 17/10 books read.
Not counting the one I finished in August
- Currently Reading: Court Of Lions by Somaiya Daud
Actually just finished this, review has been posted!
- Next On My List: The Bookweaver’s Daughter by Malavika Kannan
I am a part of the tour hosted by Caffeine Book Tours, and I am SO EXCITED.
I’ve not been very active either posting or reading on here, but I did post two new blog tour posts I am proud of (technically from this third quarter)! And please check out my BookTube as well.
- sarc2020 starter kit; where you could begin
- BLOG TOUR; Ten Things I Hate About Pinky ft. Book Review & Playlist
- BLOG TOUR; Court Of Lions by Somaiya Daud ft. Book Review & Graphics
I hope you’re all taking care, and you and yours are doing well in these extremely uncertain times!