I am finally catching up on all the blog posts I have fallen behind on reading and what do I find? Jenn @ a page of Jenniely has nominated me for a Liebster Award! It was a shock the first time it happened, and I’ll be honest, an even bigger one now! Especially considering my schedule has slowed down considerably. Thank you, Jenn!
To recap, the Liebster Award is a chain-award that bloggers pass along to each other in order to highlight other blogs. It allows us to get to know one another better. Sounds like fun, right?
- What is your go-to self care? Something you do, wear, etc.
Grabbing a book (or my laptop), a hot drink, and reading until I feel up to being social.
- What was the first book that made a difference to you and why?
Oh. Wow. I’ve always loved reading, but I think I’m going to have to go with The Chalet School series. I don’t remember which book I read first, it definitely wasn’t the first one, but it was an old copy of my mother’s and I fell in love.
- What is your favourite time of year?
Look, I live in Malaysia now after three years in Auckland, and I miss the cold-ish weather so I’m going with fall. I miss the excuse of layering up and scarves.
- Where is your favourite place to read?
Mostly I read on my bed, but I also love curling up on the sofa and reading.
- Which book would you buy as a gift for someone right now?
Probably Roshani Chokshi’s The Star-Touched Queen for the fantasy lovers I know or Sandhya Menon’s When Dimple Met Rishi.
- What do you find the hardest thing about blogging?
Coming up with new and interesting ideas. Also figuring out how to write without seeming like a boring person.
- What is the most fun aspect you find about blogging?
Coming up with new and interesting ideas! It is simultaneously the best and worst thing about blogging.
- If you could offer year-ago you any advice, what would it be?
Change is coming, but it’s going to be a good thing. It might be slow-moving, but you’re doing your best, and your best is good enough.
- Why did you start blogging?
It was actually while I was working on my final year project during university. A couple of online friends had started book blogging and it inspired me to start reviewing books again. A few enablers later, and I had a Tumblr for books. About a year and a half after that, I was here.
- What is your dream holiday?
Disneyland, probably. Especially with the daughter, but I’d wait for her to be old enough to enjoy it with me.
- What would be your ideal bookish gift?
I’d love literally anyone who would buy me a book subscription box. Or a new bookshelf…
Now on to my questions.
- What book would you like to see adapted into a TV series?
- You have the ability to meet any author of your choice. Who do you meet?
- Which myth or legend do you wish was written as a book?
- What was your favourite book as a child?
- Pick two of your favourite books so far this year.
- Who are your favourite characters from those two books?
- Tell me a scenario where they would meet.
- Which character is your biggest inspiration?
- Have you ever had a conversation with an author? Tell me about it!
- What plot do you never want to see again?
- What is your favourite trope?
I feel like everybody has been tagged already, so… if you’re reading this? You are nominated! Have fun!